Family Protection & Life Cover is a safety net for your family. If something were to happen to you, most policies will pay off your mortgage – or pay a lump sum – to keep your family up and running.
Here are some important things to consider before taking out life cover:
- Life cover ensures your family has the financial protection should something happen to you and you were unable to continue to provide for them
- Finding the right cover can be bewildering. Make sure the cover you choose is appropriate for your circumstances, now and in the future
- How would you like your life insurance to pay out? Some policies may provide a reliable income, others might pay a lump sum, while the next might cover your mortgage repayments
- The cost of your policy is determined by a number of factors – for example, your age, health, and lifestyle
- Some life insurance policies are available through your employer. It’s best to check what they offer and if it is suitable for your circumstances
The aim of life assurance cover is to provide money for people who financially depend on you.
If there is no one who will be financially distressed by your death, life assurance is probably not essential, though there are other reasons why it would be useful.
One simple question:
“if you were in a fatal traffic accident tomorrow, would anyone else be left in the financial mire?”
If the answer is “yes”, then we should discuss your insurance needs, in order to ensure that you and your dependents needs are properly catered for.
Why more and more people are using SGFM to advise them on life cover
Some policies pay a lump sum, others might pay what’s left of your mortgage. We make sure you choose the right level of cover for you.
Can you afford to pay premiums which increase with your age? Or would you prefer to pay lower premiums which pay out against certain loans, such as a mortgage? We help make the important decisions now, so you don’t have to later down the line.
We take the time to get to know you and your current financial circumstances. We look at your existing arrangements and what you hope to achieve in the future. We then give you as much, or as little, independent life cover advice as you want or need.
As part of the Smailes Goldie Group, we are able to offer you truly independent, cost-efficient advice, using the whole of the market to achieve your financial goals.
Request a call back!
At Smailes Goldie Financial Management, you can now ask an experienced advisor to call you back at a time that suits you. Simply fill in the form below, and we’ll endeavour to get back to you.